Good morning, everyone!
I wanted to write a little note of updates for those of you who regularly follow my blog. Coming up there are going to be a lot of changes in my personal life, but it means more content for you to read and enjoy!
1) I will be graduating May 4 from college with a Bachelors in English Writing and Publication and with a minor in Graphic Design.
– This makes me so happy because it is official Star Wars day (May the 4th be with you) and it is my graduation date…forever! Woo hoo!
– No, I do not plan on going to grad school. This is the end of the formal education road for me.
2) I will be working as an online Writing Tutor completely on my own.
– Up until this point I have worked the last four semesters in the Gainesville Writing Center at my college and I have worked the past two semesters as a Writing Fellow. This will be my first time venturing into a writing job that is not associated with my school.
3) I will be starting to publish books more regularly
– So far I have two chapbooks (poem books) that I have self published. I plan to be finishing up short story collections, novels, more chapbooks, novellas…etc. and self-publishing them. It’s time I started getting my stuff out there in a format I can make a living on.
4) I will be starting to reach out
– Meeting other people is something I’ve never been good at. I am looking forward to having more time to travel to meet other people in the writing business to make connections with…but mostly I am looking forward to no longer being able to use school as an excuse to indulge in my introversion.
5) Overall…I will be starting my life as an adult exactly the way I wanted.
– I will be a writer. I will be reaching out to others, getting my writing published, slowly working up to earning a living, and overall presenting myself to the world as I am…
I am an eccentric, out-of-the-box, insane, neurotic, excitable writer. I always have been, I always will be, and I’m finally jumping through my last formal education hoop. Wish me luck!